Jul 30, 2012

we'll get there fast

shirt+trousers+belt 2ND HAND jacket H&M sunnies ASOS bag URBAN OUTFITTERS shoes CONVERSE

The weather's reverted back to its usual unpredictability, leaving me free to pile on the layers and attempt to make something that looks wrong happen anyway. It helps a little, of course, that I've applied the ancient old trick of standing in front of a green door so that at least something, anything, in the picture appears to match my shirt. Still, in spite of the accommodating setting, I cannot shake the distinct Florida pensioner vibe I'm picking up from this look; no doubt thanks to the combination of floral shirt, white (albeit sci-fi style) sports jacket and white sneaks. And though the shirt's floral print may be a little hard to distinguish in the picture, let me just add that it's actually pretty awesome in its very own, unique, kind-of-ugly way. It sort of makes me feel like I could blend right in with the Beach Boys.


Oh happy thought. This is the song I'd command them to sing to me.

11 comments:

Chelsea Jade said...

I love how you mix prints! Gorgeous outfit x

Daniella said...

Loving the print clash of this look my dear and the converse are such a great choice! Love your style its unique and your own which is only ever inspiring! :)

Take care, Daniella xox

LPFashionPhilosophy said...

Such a perfect look!

Patrycja Photography said...

Remarkable blog. Interesting notes. ;p
I like him here!!! ;)
I am inviting to me: http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/
I am greeting I wish the nice evening! ^^

Rebecca Miriam said...

great outfit! :)

xx, rebecca
awayinparadise.blogspot.com

Courtney Erin said...

Those thrifted pants are so awesome and they look amazing when paired with a mixed print like that.

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

lucia m said...

loving your pants!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Elle Sees said...

Now I'm off to find cool doors to take photos in front of

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Oh my gosh, you are funny! I do love the idea of taking pictures in front of brightly colored doors.

*Erin

Celia said...

I love your trousers, the Florida pensioner vibe works well for you!x

Miss Manda Marie said...

I love this! Its a fresh mix, that every one should try with their wardrobe.

>MissMandaMarie
www.TheGistofMandaMarie.blogspot.com